Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Always inspired...


When I buy a cd or vinyl, I'm always curious about the design - I always want to know who created it or who shot the photographs. I'm a sucker for a pretty booklet! With the label that I'm signed with currently, I have the freedom to choose how I want to present myself as an artist. Sometimes I even have to see myself as "the product", that might sound weird...but it just has to do with the fact that being a recording artist is not only about singing and performing. Also the business aspect
plays a huge role in my life and takes even more time then just performing my songs. Don't get me wrong...I absolutely love it. I get to choose who I want to work with usually, or my management recommends people in their network. I have surrounded myself with wonderful professionals, that help my realize my dream. 

For the album booklet I chose to work with the talented Sophie van der Perre (photographer), Lotte van de Hoef (graphic designer) and Jessica Hellinga (Braez). I really wanted to present myself in the most honest way that I can. I love being in my late 20s and I have never felt more confident, so I also didn't mind showing some skin :) The title of my album is "Fickle", so I wanted the pictures to be a little mysterious, the design to be stable/steady and the colors to be soft and pure. A little contrast of different worlds. I also wanted to have something lively and organic in the design, so the pressed flowers made a nice addition. As for styling, nothing too crazy, a little vintage, a little silk. I loooove to make mood boards for any special occasion, so these were the pictures I send to Sophie, Lotte and Jessica. We did the photo shoot last week and the booklet is being made this week. Can't wait to see the results and to show it to you. Well ok, here is a polaroid teaser for you...


Photography: Sophie van der Perre Wearing: Crochet one piece: Nightcap Clothing

No comments:

Post a Comment